tutorials about

Sunday 18 December 2011

Tutorial / Christmas stocking cutlery holders


Please click 'read more' for the tutorial!
What you will need

  • red felt
  • white felt (I didn't have any so I just used a white fabric)
  • red buttons
  • embroidery thread & needle
  • thread
  • pins & needles
  • scissors and pinking shears
1. To create my stocking template I drew a stocking shape around my cutlery, making sure there was room to fit a knife, fork and spoon inside. I then added a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Cut - out.



2. Using my stocking template as a guide I then drew a cuff shape and again added a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Cut - out.


3. Fold your red felt in half and pin down your stocking template. Cut out using pinking shears. Because you have folded your felt you should now have 2 stocking pieces.


4. Repeat step 3 for as many stockings as you need. There will be 7 of us for Christmas dinner so I did this 7 times.


5. Now you want to do the same for your cuff pieces. Pin your template onto your folded white felt and again cut out using pinking shears. Repeat for how many stocking cuffs you require.

6. On all your cuff pieces fold down and press at around 1/2 inch.

7. Using the folded line as a guide line up the top of the stockings (facing away from each other) and pin into place. 


8. Sew across. Do this for both stocking/cuff pieces.


9. Now fold your cuff down over stocking and press. Do this for both stocking pieces.

10. Sew on your button.

11. Line up your 2 stocking pieces wrong sides together, pin, and sew together using embroidery thread.


12. Put in your cutlery and voila you are done!


No comments:

Post a Comment